Preventative electrical maintenance can help your business operate efficiently and provide it with added benefits, as well. While knowing that your company should schedule preventative services may seem like a no-brainer, understanding whether or not it requires full or periodic care can be a little more difficult. Leer Electric, a contractor that provides preventative maintenance and testing services, talks about some of the different factors that come into play when making this decision.
Full vs. Periodic Maintenance: What’s the Difference?
In terms of their intended purposes, periodic and full preventative maintenance are both the same. Their goal is to increase the reliability of assets and reduce the number of equipment failures and downtime. The core difference between them exists in the timeframe. Full preventative maintenance is a regularly scheduled care routine, while periodic maintenance is scheduled on an as-needed basis that’s determined by the system’s overall condition.
Finding the Electrical Maintenance Plan That’s Right for Your Business
When selecting the maintenance contracts that are right for your organization, it is important to know there is no exact formula that can provide the right answer. Instead, there are different factors you need to take into consideration that will help you make the ideal decision. Some of these factors include the following:
- Type of equipment: In terms of everyday care, the type of equipment being used plays an important role. A complex system may require more frequent maintenance than others, and a full preventative maintenance plan helps ensure each component is running as it should.
- Condition of equipment: The state of your equipment also plays a big role in determining whether full or periodic scheduling is the correct solution. If the equipment you’re using is older or isn’t in great condition anymore, you may want to consider full preventative maintenance. This will help you identify issues with this equipment early enough to find a replacement well before it breaks down unexpectedly.
- How often the equipment is used: How frequently an asset is used is another key factor. If the equipment is only engaged on an as-needed basis, it may not require a full preventative service plan. In this case, periodic maintenance may suffice.
If you have any questions about the condition of your equipment or which care plan is most ideal, an experienced electrician can assist.
Why Implement a Preventative Electrical Maintenance Schedule?
Creating a preventative maintenance schedule can provide your business with a variety of advantages. An effective electrical maintenance plan will help your company avoid downtime, consistently meet customer needs, and minimize the high costs associated with emergency repairs. The other ways your business can benefit from a professional care plan include:
- Early malfunction detection: When you implement a routine maintenance plan, you’ll gain a better understanding of your equipment and its condition through your electrician. This allows you to act proactively, instead of reactively, when an asset breaks down. By doing so, you also avoid costly productivity loss.
- Fewer workplace incidents: With millions of work injuries occurring each year, providing your employees with a safe environment should always be a top priority. So the fact that preventative maintenance can help reduce the risks associated with common workplace injuries makes it a key benefit. Taking unknowingly faulty equipment out of the equation helps you cultivate a much safer work environment.
- Increased asset lifespan: Each piece of equipment has a lifespan that varies based on use and how well you take care of it. Through preventative maintenances services, your equipment can stay in good condition and run at peak efficiency throughout its expected lifespan. This is especially beneficial for businesses as it helps reduce the frequency of equipment replacements.
- Improved overall efficiency: All the advantages preventative maintenance provides help accomplish one main goal and that is to improve the overall efficiency of your facility.
Let Leer Electric Help Make Your Business More Efficient
Do you require full or periodic preventative electrical maintenance for your equipment? The professionals at Leer Electric can assist. With years of experience and a variety of services, Leer Electric can help your business operate smoothly through timely preventative electrical maintenance. We offer clients in Mechanicsburg, Carlisle, Hanover, Harrisburg, York, and Dillsburg, Pennsylvania, contracts to choose from that best suit their needs. To learn more about our services, contact us today.